IV Therapy and Nutrient injections
IV or intravenous therapy offers direct nutrient support to your body with higher bioavailability. It means that your body absorbs more nutrients than normal. We use the best available peptides, compounded nutrients, and therapeutics to ensure that your body remains active, energetic, and well-nourished.
- At Medipro our providers have reviewed the current literature to create formulas for specific therapeutic use. These formulations are typically higher potency and far more specialized than found in the average clinic or walk in “lounge”. The type and dosage we use in varies according to your health condition and requirements.
- We offer performance and hydration IV therapy, high-dose nutrient cocktails, cellular energy-enhancing NAD+ therapy, metabolic activator methylene blue therapy, immune-boosting options with minerals, vitamins, peptides, and antioxidants, and detoxification therapy.
Specialized Pain IV
Utilizing a combination of ketamine and lidocaine, our IV’s target several mechanisms that contribute to chronic pain. These IV’s are performed under the supervision of a Board Certified Anesthesiologist
Some of our options include:
- Myer’s Basic Nutrient cocktail:Developed by John Myers, the first IV vitamin treatments were administered in Baltimore in the 1970s. There are many variations but the basic ingredients consist of high doses of B vitamins, vitamin C, and minerals (magnesium and calcium) mixed with normal saline.
- This can be combined with Venofer iron infusions
- Get up & Go:Designed to give you an all-around boost, this IV contains B vitamins, amino acids, L-carnitine for energy, and glutathione.
Glutathione-GSH is the body’s master antioxidant and helps recirculate Vitamin C. It is critical for binding to harmful pathogens and toxins, forming compounds that can be escorted out of the body. It is also essential for immune function, The body can't produce T-cells without glutathione. T-cells are specialty white cells that roam the body searching for invaders.
- Mito-Charge: Mitochondrial dysfunction has been linked to a variety of disorders. This cocktail is used to increase the O2 carrying capacity of cells while simultaneously “charging” the mitochondria. It includes Methylene Blue and NAD
- Methylene Blue-The very first FDA-approved drug! Originally used for malaria it has a very wide variety of benefits including antimicrobial. In this context, we are using it to enhance cellular respiration and improve mitochondrial function. MB is a metabolic enhancer and an antioxidant. Methylene Blue binds to superoxide and reduces it to water. By acting as an electron donor to the mitochondria this increases adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production. ATP is the currency of life and the energy that powers humans.
- The Brain Storm: Includes ingredients specifically designed to support brain & cognitive health. It is a specialized formula of Hydroxocobalamin (active B12), Taurine, Alpha lipoic acid, and, NAC.
- Taurine-The amino acid Taurine is naturally occurring and shown to promotes heart health, brain health and more. It accounts for 50-60% of our total amino acid pool. Taurine is a semi-essential nutrient. Different from most other amino acids, it is never formed into proteins like most amino acid molecules. Taurine is known to support cellular energy, increase bile formation, encourage the healthy metabolism of carbohydrates and sugars, protect the kidneys and promotes healthy gene expression and thought to be neuroprotective.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid-ALA is a unique antioxidant with a strong ability to quench “free radicals”. It is unique in that it is both water and fat-soluble and able to cross the blood brain barrier. It is also know to help the body convert glucose (sugar) into energy. ALA is found in every cell of the body and has anti-inflammatory action, independent of its antioxidant activity. It is commonly used to treat peripheral neuropathies.
- NAC-N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is a sulfur-containing amino acid that facilitates the production of glutathione. NAC is a powerful antioxidant that promotes healthy immune function and helps protect the body from toxic insults and oxidative stress. It is a long-standing and well-known treatment for acetaminophen overdose and cystic fibrosis. It has been studied for a variety of conditions from PCOS to Ulcerative Colitis. NAC is semi-essential. It is now being looked at for brain health due to its ability to regulate glutamate Glutamate excess can lead to excitability and increased pain. In summary, NAC can help you boost your immune system, detoxify your liver and kidneys, and improve respiratory and brain health.
- The Fountain of Youth:A specialized blend of Biotin, Vit C, Quercetin and Resveratrol plus the peptide GHK. This blend is used to help reduce oxidative stress, calm allergic response, support the immune system and provide epigenetic modulation.
- GHK-GHK has a wide assortment of biological activities that appear to counter age-associated metabolic imbalances and health conditions. GHK declines with age – a study reports that at age 20, plasma level GHK = approx. 200 ng/mL (10−7M) and by age 60, levels drop to approximately 80 ng/mL. Studies using the Broad Institute Connectivity Map created by The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard (Cambridge, MA) report that GHK peptide modulates expression of multiple genes, resetting pathological gene expression patterns back to health. Recent genetic data may explain such diverse protective and healing actions of one molecule, revealing multiple biochemical pathways regulated by GHK
- The Detox:Helps support the body’s natural mechanisms to eliminate toxins. This is a combination of MSM, Glycyrrhizic acid(pharmaceutical extract of licorice) and glutathione.
- MSM-Methylsulfonylmethane a big name befitting a nutritional big hitter. Rich in organic sulphur, MSM is an important ‘building block’ for healthy bones and joints, and it’s very useful for your immune system. Sulphur is a key player in detoxification, and is known to mitigate toxin-induced liver damage.
- Glycyrrhizic acid –Glycyrrhizic acid is extracted from the root of the licorice plant; Glycyrrhiza glabra. Licorice has been used for thousands of years and is one of the most common herbs utilized in Traditional Chinese Medicine. As a therapeutic agent, is has been used in a vast variety of formulations as it is reported to be anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, anti-allergic, antioxidant, anti-tumor, anti-diabetic and hepatoprotective. It has known antiviral & antibacterial properties, is considered an adaptogen (helping the body to regulate stress states), improves metabolomic parameters (supports normal lipids and blood sugar) and is commonly used in Japan to protect the Liver.
- Pain Buster: Utilizing a combination of ketamine and lidocaine, our IV targets several mechanisms that contribute to chronic pain. This IV is performed under the supervision of a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist.
- Ketorolaca potent anti-inflammatory pain reliever can also be added
- We also offer even more specific IVs designed to help the thyroid and adrenals, alleviate symptoms associated with PMS/PCOS and other gynecologic concerns, and support and modulate the hormonal axis using select nutrients and peptides like kisspeptin and others.
- Kisspeptin -Kisspeptin has recently emerged as a key regulator of the mammalian reproductive axis. It is known that kisspeptin, acting centrally via the kisspeptin receptor, stimulates secretion of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH)
***Before receiving any IV please verify your medications and allergies with your provider. Some IVs require an office visit prior to getting a drip***
All our IV ingredients are sourced from certified, sterile compounding pharmacies and mixed in a class 5 medical clean room to ensure sterility.
Peptides are chains of amino acids that act as cell signaling molecules that bind to the cell surface receptors, triggering an intracellular action. Peptides use the body’s own innate healing abilities to move the system towards optimal health, and pairs well with hormone replacement and regenerative therapies
Peptides used therapeutically can be useful for: Autoimmunity, Pain & inflammation, Muscle growth & Injury repair, Insulin sensitization and weight loss, Sleep, Anxiety, Chronic infections, Anti-aging and more!
What are Peptides?
Growth Hormone Peptides:Adult growth hormone deficiency symptoms is now being correlated to a variety of age related diseases. It is estimated that a healthy individual loses 10-15% of their growth hormone for every decade of life and is associated with higher morbidity (illness) and mortality. Treatment with recombinant human growth hormone is expensive and not covered under most insurance plans and can have multiple side effects.
Peptides as alternatives to recombinant human growth hormone include CJC-1295, Ipamorelin, GHRP-6, Sermorelin and Teslomorelin. These peptides and others have been shown to help improve IGF-1 levels. They also have the advantage of inducing all five of the hGH isoforms rather just the one that is found in the synthetic form mimicking natural release.
Learn More about Growth Hormone
Metabolic Peptides:Peptides can be used to improve metabolism. Master pathways involved in food intake and metabolism can be targeted, while utilizing others such as semaglutide can increase insulin sensitivity, as well as leveraging the growth hormone axis. Novel peptides such as MOTS-C a can address mitochondrial dysfunction enhancing cellular energy. Mitochondrial dysfunction and optimization are key strategies to address all chronic disease.
Peptides for Immune Modulation and Autoimmune Diseases:Immune dysregulation is the universal characteristic of autoimmune diseases and can be targeted using specific peptides via antiinflammation, T cell modulation, cell predominant shifts, OGF axis, and other mechanisms of action.
Useful peptides include Thymosin/Thymulin, VIP, BPC157 and KPV.
Repair/Healing Peptides:BPC 157 was discovered in 1993, and there is now considerable clinical data of the regenerative properties of BPC-157 in animals. Human studies are currently underway. Uses for BPC-157 include reducing inflammation, increasing the production of type 1 collagen, improving the lower esophageal sphincter, healing fistulas, and helping with repairing many parts of the body. Published studies of BPC-157 will be reviewed, as well as dosing. This peptide pairs well with multiple others particularly Thymosin B4
Learn about BPC Peptides
Peptides for Pain:There are many potentially useful peptides for pain management depending on the primary issue and degree of secondary contributions. In pain management it is often useful to stack and rotate various peptides to address multiple issues simultaneously.
Useful peptides for pain include Thymosins, ARA290, BPC157, pentosan polysufate and a unique peptide derived from venom, melittin.
Regenerative peptides for the brain, including Cerbrolsyin/P21, Thymosin Beta 4, BPC-157, Dihexa, Semax, Selank, and DSIP can all be of value in treating anxiety, ADD, insomnia and brain injury or neurological diseases.
Some of these peptides have been shown to increase Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) to help with nerve cell regeneration. Patients with Alzheimer’s have low BDNF and improving BDNF can help with cognition.
Selenk and Semax Peptides
Growth factors and cytokines have been used in the cosmetic products to help with aging skin, however, their large size limits their ability to penetrate the skin. Peptides provide benefits similar to growth factor with better skin penetration, due to their smaller molecular size. GHK and GHK-cu are considered excellent Botox-like peptides with pleotrophic effects.
Hair Growth Peptides:
There are peptides to help with hair growth and stimulate new hair follicle production. The WNT pathway is a critical factor for hair growth and the discovery of the CXXC5 protein that is responsible for hair loss is a key target for therapy. Useful peptides include Thymulin, GHK-cu, and Thymosin Beta 4. These also pair well with both regenerative injections to the scalp and specialized prescription shampoos.
Peptides for Sexual Health:
Sexuality and sexual health is an important part of the human condition. Dysfunction can lead to a host of both personal and relationship issues. Peptides offer a safe adjunctive treatment to address sexual dysfunction and libido alongside treatments such as hormone replacement and specialized regenerative injections. Particularly useful peptides include P41 and melanotan II.
What are Peptides?
Learn More about Growth Hormone
Learn about BPC Peptides
Selenk and Semax Peptides