Brain and Neurological Health
When someone sustains a sudden trauma or injury to the head, it can damage the brain. Such an injury can occur when there is a bump or jolt to the head. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can also happen when something penetrates the skull.
A TBI can cause mild, moderate, or severe symptoms. If the injury is mild, it may temporarily affect the brain cells. If the symptoms are severe, it can cause severe physical and psychological signs, long-term complications, coma, and even death.
Effects of Brain Injury
The consequences of brain injury are as follows:
- Memory loss
- Problems in attention, concentration, thinking, taking action, etc
- Problems in judgment and taking decisions
- Spatial disorientation
- Slowness and/or difficulty with speech
- Visual or hearing impairment
- Loss of taste
- Anxiety and depression
- Mood swings
- Inappropriate behaviors
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of social network/isolation
Regenerative peptides for the brain, including Cerbrolsyin/P21, Thymosin Beta 4, BPC-157, Dihexa, Semax, Selank, and DSIP can all be of value in treating anxiety, ADD, insomnia and brain injury or neurological diseases.
Some of these peptides have been shown to increase Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) to help with nerve cell regeneration. Patients with Alzheimer’s have low BDNF and improving BDNF can help with cognition.
Related BlogsTraumatic Brain Injury in America Inflammation after a Brain Injury Neurometabolic Cascade: An Introduction Post-Traumatic Headaches Healing Allies: Oats Healing Allies: Lavender ADHD: an unrecognized consequence of trauma What is a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)? Role of Naturopathic Medicine in Parkinson’s Disease Management
What To Do In Case of a Brain Injury?
Seek medical attention at the earliest. Your doctors will do the rest. Once you get back home, support healing by following these habits:
- Sleep well
- Avoid consumption of any inflammatory foods
- Avoid cigarette smoking and alcohol
- Balance blood sugar level
- Include fish oil, curcumin, or turmeric in your diet
- Utilize antioxidant support like resveratrol or NAC